Do you ever have one of those moments where you really need to blog about something, but you can't? Do you ever wish no one you knew was reading your blog? Well if you answered yes to either of those questions then this blog is for you! Read what the contributers post and reflect on that or send Mommy Vent your OMG story and she will post it for you... without anyone knowing who you are. What could be better??

Interested in becoming one of our contributors?? e-mail Mommy Vent at MommyVent@gmail.com Want to learn more about posting and OMG story?? Read the sidebar or e-mail Mommy Vent

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

whatever!

I've decided this is my new word in regards to my in-laws. WHATEVER! B had surgery on Friday... nothing major, he had his tongue tied clipped. R told them on the weekend that it was on Friday and that he'd call and let them know how it went. When he talked to them (separately as his father was at work) they both said... oh I thought it was yesterday. Hellooooo if you thought it was yesterday why didn't you call last night to check on him??

Over the weekend C has a low grade fever which I did blog about and then on Sunday he broke out into a rash, which I did blog about too. On Tuesday I blogged about the fact that I took C to the after hours pediatric center. My mother-in-law (MIL) e-mail me to say she knew what I was going through. She said that when R was about 1, they were on vacation and he broke out into a rash and they took him to the hospital and ended up being roseola. My first thought in this... children who get roseola have had a temp over 103 for up to 3 days.... didn't you notice this???

So, R called his parents last night. They were talking about our up-coming visit to their house (yeah be ready for lots of posts after that!). They are convinced that they are going to teach the boys to swim over the weekend... helloooo reality check time. They said "we bought B pool toys, do we have to get C anything?" After a pause they said... like a life jacket or water wings maybe? Ummm no! I said. B had a swim suit type thing that is like a life jacket bathing suit combo and C has a float thing that he can sit in. My thought is if they think water wings are all my 13 month old would need ... did they think my 2.5 year old could swim with NOTHING??

R and I talked and there will be NO pressure on B to learn to swim. We plan on putting both boys in swim lessons in another year or two. Until they the pools will be holding onto mommy or daddy and just fun in the water.

So they can think whatever they want... but it's not happening in that way just cause they want it!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Messy Mommy said...

I can't believe they thought the surgery already happened and didn't even call! what?? who does that?? geez! OMG! whatever! oh- sorry -I guess I went off there! I'm sorry your inlaws are crazy- I hope your visit goes okay at least