Do you ever have one of those moments where you really need to blog about something, but you can't? Do you ever wish no one you knew was reading your blog? Well if you answered yes to either of those questions then this blog is for you! Read what the contributers post and reflect on that or send Mommy Vent your OMG story and she will post it for you... without anyone knowing who you are. What could be better??

Interested in becoming one of our contributors?? e-mail Mommy Vent at MommyVent@gmail.com Want to learn more about posting and OMG story?? Read the sidebar or e-mail Mommy Vent

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Family member #1 that makes me want to bang my head on a wall.

Nice title?
We will call him BIL. Yes, it is my husband's brother. They are 3 years apart. Not the closest siblings in the world, but they do get along. BIL takes advantage of some family members and in my opinion, very disrespectful.
My MIL (mother in law) was cooking dinner for the family once a week, on a Wednesday. She loved nothing more than to have everyone over. He (and his girlfriend) would not show up, not call nor return phone calls on numerous occasions. This, of course, upset MIL very much. Which in turn, upset me. My number one favorite excuse for them not showing up? I forgot it was Wednesday. Yeah... because that changes from week to week.
In the middle of my pregnancy, BIL announced his g-friend was pregnant. (that is whole other post) My youngest nephew was born 4 months after my son.
BIL would drop their son off with MIL and leave him for HOURS. The first time, from early afternoon until midnight! Really? Who does that? And my MIL had to work in the morning.
(on a side note I have to say that MIL plays apart in who her son is. that again is whole other post)
They once came to my house and he did not bring a bottle or formula for him. Thankfully my son and him were on the same stuff. Another time, he showed up at another house with NO diaper bag.
My husband tries to call his bro to do things but BIL never answers the phone nor returns his messages. One time, hubby try to call BIL and no answer. Now, he really needed to ask him a question. I then called the g-friend and asked her if he was there and she handed the phone right to him. Needless to say, that was the last straw for hubby. I don't think he has tried to call him for anything since then.
It just upsets me how someone can treat their family like that, for no real reason. And I get very frustrated because it is tolerated and nothing is ever said. (until I spoke my mind one time...) I hate to see his family values be passed onto my nephew. That is what fears me the most.

5 comments:

Mommy Vent said...

that has to be hard to cope with. it is especially hard on the children involved. just remember that even if you are upset with the parents you never want to "punish" the child for the parent's stupidity!

Simply Donna...... said...

I absolutely love this blog site. Everytime I read a post, I just laugh because it all sounds so familiar. Sorry, but it is nice to know that someone else deals with the crap that I do - I'm not alone :)

BlogginFromTheEdge said...

Oh man, I have a SIL very much like this. She's a user and taker. She blows all her money on stupid crap, such as tattoos, CDs, hooker shoes, then bums money from family for food for her two girls and gas and rent. BURNS ME UP that everyone enables her. They feel sorry for her and she keeps right on taking advantage.

BlogginFromTheEdge said...

and the crap thing is that her girls are only grow up to do the exact same thing. So sad.

Anonymous said...

get facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://www.visualizing.org/visualizations/egypt-influence-network http://www.huwy.eu/ie/result/internet-0
facebook likes 1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes
Actually I am using my old 1GB mp3 player as a pen drive... It was affected by virus.. It showed tat the media is WRITE-PROTECTED and NOT ABLE TO FORMAT that.. Pls Help me out...

buy facebook likes 1000 facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]get facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes