Do you ever have one of those moments where you really need to blog about something, but you can't? Do you ever wish no one you knew was reading your blog? Well if you answered yes to either of those questions then this blog is for you! Read what the contributers post and reflect on that or send Mommy Vent your OMG story and she will post it for you... without anyone knowing who you are. What could be better??

Interested in becoming one of our contributors?? e-mail Mommy Vent at MommyVent@gmail.com Want to learn more about posting and OMG story?? Read the sidebar or e-mail Mommy Vent

Monday, July 6, 2009

huh??

I'm sitting here wondering why the 'rules' only apply to some of us and not all of us. I can't find a good answer- maybe someone can tell me what it is!

So my MIL pests and asks us over and over when we will come visit. And wants advance notice. Fine- I don't want to just show up and surprise you either. But just found out that my inlaws (who we JUST spend 9 days with) will be coming to stay with us on Friday. Uhm, a week notice?? I get why they are coming- we have a family picnic this weekend and they need a place to stay. Fine- but we have all known about this picnic for months. Maybe it would have been nice to mention you were planning to stay with us before.....hubby and I are smart enough to figure out that a family picnic is coming, you live out of town so you are probably staying with us- but I should not have to figure it out. I should be given the same advance notice they want from us.

This bugs me- is it just me or would it bug you too?


Photobucket

3 comments:

Mommy Vent said...

did I write this?? Yes, I can totally relate to this... we have the same issue with my in-laws. They bug us until we give in and pick a date to go to see them and then say... oh and we are coming up to see you this weekend (if we are lucky we get a week's notice)

Scatterbrain Mommy said...

i have learned that rules are differnt depending on who u are. it bites big time.
what do u do?

jinx said...

Rules are always different for MIL's...no rules apply to them. I'll be submitting a stories, or maybe a series of stories soon.

I love this blog.