Do you ever have one of those moments where you really need to blog about something, but you can't? Do you ever wish no one you knew was reading your blog? Well if you answered yes to either of those questions then this blog is for you! Read what the contributers post and reflect on that or send Mommy Vent your OMG story and she will post it for you... without anyone knowing who you are. What could be better??

Interested in becoming one of our contributors?? e-mail Mommy Vent at MommyVent@gmail.com Want to learn more about posting and OMG story?? Read the sidebar or e-mail Mommy Vent

Monday, June 15, 2009

Typical

So I get a 2 line email from the MIL asking if we plan to come to the family get together this Sunday to celebrate Father's Day.
Sure, we'll go....not like I can really say no anyway. So I reply back to count us in and ask what we should bring to the festiviites. She replies back that SHE would really like some homemade pasta salad and specifies not the box kind.
Sure ok. I can try to do that I guess. I usually start with the box kind as my base and then morph into something my own...but whatever.
What irks me is that I will spend the extra time and extra money and you wanna know what she'll bring? Her appetite.
Sigh. I am sure I sound petty, but it pesters me. If this didn't all the time it might not, but it does. Anyone else feel my pain? LOL

3 comments:

Mommy Vent said...

I say start with a box, add veggies and cheese and such and don't tell anyone... lol Hey if she has an issue with it she won't ask you to make it again

Pam said...

the fact that she said DON'T use the box mix would make me go right out and buy it to use. Then again, I don't always make the best choices :) I'm with Mommy Vent- start with the box and make it your own like you would normally do- she doesn't have to eat it if you doesn't like it.

BlogginFromTheEdge said...

I was thinking of "forgetting" and bringing some thing else like fruit salad. But then again, she does HATE tomatos...lol.