Do you ever have one of those moments where you really need to blog about something, but you can't? Do you ever wish no one you knew was reading your blog? Well if you answered yes to either of those questions then this blog is for you! Read what the contributers post and reflect on that or send Mommy Vent your OMG story and she will post it for you... without anyone knowing who you are. What could be better??

Interested in becoming one of our contributors?? e-mail Mommy Vent at MommyVent@gmail.com Want to learn more about posting and OMG story?? Read the sidebar or e-mail Mommy Vent

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Favorites

As a child, I realized at an early age that my brother was favored over me by my grandparents. I tried to get their attention by going out of my way to do things to impress them, but yeah it never worked. As I grew older I realized it was so not worth my effort or the frustration... so I just grew away from them. To this day I do not really get along with my grandparents. I felt very little when my grandmother passed away a few years ago and still don't look back on this with regret.

I am now a mother of two little boys B who is 2.5 yrs and C who is 1. My in-laws were up this weekend to celebrate C's birthday. This visit solidified a feeling I've had since he was born... in they favor my older son. I have seen them one more than one occasion walk away from C to play with B. They have left C in a room alone because B has walked out to go do something else. They choose to play with B and C gets left out quite often.

This kills me. My husband sees it too, but we aren't sure what to say to his parents about it. I know that in time I will say something because I know what it feels like to be the child who is left out. I know how hard it is to see your sibling get all the attention and love.

I am not analyzing each moment spent. I'm not comparing time together... I'm looking at quality. I'm looking at the love displayed and the respect given. I just want C to be treated fairly. I just want him to feel loved.

My two sons are very different... but they are BOTH loving and caring children who deserve to be loved and respected by their family.

No comments: