Do you ever have one of those moments where you really need to blog about something, but you can't? Do you ever wish no one you knew was reading your blog? Well if you answered yes to either of those questions then this blog is for you! Read what the contributers post and reflect on that or send Mommy Vent your OMG story and she will post it for you... without anyone knowing who you are. What could be better??

Interested in becoming one of our contributors?? e-mail Mommy Vent at MommyVent@gmail.com Want to learn more about posting and OMG story?? Read the sidebar or e-mail Mommy Vent

Saturday, June 13, 2009

DH Momma Drama

Howdy Folks! I'm honored to be invited by Miss Mommy Vent to share here as well. I hope we can keep you entertained...oh where do I begin?

So had myself a little MIL drama over the past couple days. I will first say I've been lucky. I don't have an MIL from hell or anything, but there's no mistaking, there are IssueS...with a capital I and S. Most recently yesterday. Appears I was hateful and completely self absorbed for not calling her and basically asking permission for my, MY, son to have a very simple, routine ear tube removal. I swear to you, we talked about this with her a few weeks ago at my neice's birthday party and umm...I even mentioned it on my usual blog, which she reads. But since she was "denied" the right to be there with him, at 6:15am for the whole 15minute-long procedure, I've been accused of keeping it a "secret" from her. Her words, not mine. Get over yourself woman. I am perfectly capable of handling such a situation. There was only one parent allowed back in the induction room before he went in to the OR anyway, so what the heck did she miss besides an early wakeup call and some stale waiting room coffee. Psshhhh. Whateva. I get that she is a nurse and is more familiar with things than we are, but really, it wasn't a big deal and he did just fine. To try to further make us feel bad, she calls up my SIL bawling over this silly crap. Then she asks my SIL if she will come get W and bring him over to visit her today. Sure...sounds good to me. J and I get a few free hours and W gets a field trip. It's all good.....just could use a little less crazy next time.

UPDATE: She called me about 30mins ago to apologize. Admitted she was really hurt and po'd about it. I tried my best to assure her there was no malice and had to promise to be more considerate next time (big fat eye roll).

3 comments:

Mommy Vent said...

come on don't you know that all decisions about your child must be approved my any and all relatives??

at least she apologized

Pam said...

I guess, at least she wanted to be there (insert scrunched up puzzled face that your mil acted that way) My in-laws didn't even call when my son had histube surgery. Not that I needed them there- I so didn't. But they could have at least been concerned.

Mom2heaven/earthangels said...

My now ex-MIL only wanted to be around our kids when one of our kids was in the hospital for major surgery (one was born with a congenital heart defect) that required him to be living almost his whole life in a hospital. She only came when it was the day of surgery and then tried to make it all about her. Never came just to visit. The rest of my in-laws hardly ever came either. My family was there constantly helping me out and spending time with our boys. When my son died, at 16 monthsn and 20 days, once again, my ex-MIL tried to make it about her and how upset she was. Well, maybe she should have been part of is life when he was alive. She and the rest of the in-laws did not even stay in the room where his casket was, they stayed in the room next door.

I feel that just because my son and his twin brother had a scary start in life (10 weeks premature and then the one with the congenital heart defect) that all the in-laws turned their backs on our kids. Well, it is their loss. They lost out on getting to know my son Z and still have not really gotten to know his twin brother D, who is now 4 and an incredible little boy.