Do you ever have one of those moments where you really need to blog about something, but you can't? Do you ever wish no one you knew was reading your blog? Well if you answered yes to either of those questions then this blog is for you! Read what the contributers post and reflect on that or send Mommy Vent your OMG story and she will post it for you... without anyone knowing who you are. What could be better??

Interested in becoming one of our contributors?? e-mail Mommy Vent at MommyVent@gmail.com Want to learn more about posting and OMG story?? Read the sidebar or e-mail Mommy Vent

Thursday, August 13, 2009

updates

Well we went to my in-laws this weekend. It went... well better than expected, but since the expectation are pretty low that doesn't say much! B did NOT want to sleep there. The first night when we said it was bed time he went to the front door and kept saying truck. Yeah that was not a fun night. Then Saturday in order to get him to nap and sleep at night R and I had to lay down in R's bed and pretend to sleep to get B to settle down to sleep.

My mother-in-law tried to spend more time with C, but it felt forced to me. I didn't complain too much since well... she tried?

Two big OMG I want to leave moments occured. On Saturday, R was getting changed into his bathing suit to take the boys in the pool. I was changing the boys and my in-laws had already changed. I changed C first and then B. After I changed B, I told him that he would go swimming once daddy was done getting changed. I then began folding clothes. B went to the back door and my father-in-law again reminded him that he'd go out once his dad was done changing. So what does my mother-in-law do??? Take him outside! Helloooooooooooo. Even my father-in-law made a comment about her not listening to what I said. Come on... you just totally underminded me. How rude can you be??

The other instance took place on Sunday morning. I was taking a shower when C woke up. I came out and R was eating breakfast taking to his dad, B was playing a puzzle with my mother-in-law and C was wandering around the living room. Ok fine... no wait. C hasn't had his diaper changed. No one got either boy anything to eat or drink. Anddddd when I picked C up there was some small magnet type thing in his mouth. Helllooooo who is watching the 1 year old?? Yes, R got an earfull!

Oh well... such is life.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Messy Mommy said...

I know that I often get upset with my hubby for not watching R while we are on trips too. It sometimes feels like if I am not watching, no one is! I would have been MAD about the going outside thing. At least your FIL had the good sense to listen to you and repeat your directions. But, your MIL was totally wrong there. If nothing else, she should have at least asked first! At least you are home now!!

Foursons said...

I'm sorry. At least this trip is over now. Do you have to go back-ever?

Scatterbrain Mommy said...

i have a certain member of my family that always gives into my son too. and many a times her hubby states that she shouldn't do that cause it confuses the kids or because we, the parents, told him differntly.
i feel your pain